Marissa's Photos

Friday, September 10, 2004

Chicago Sightseeing Part I, 2 September 2004

My parents were in town, and more family was visiting from Massachusetts, so we spent the day sightseeing in Chicago. I love playing tourist in cities where I live.


This is what happens when sailboats decide they want to ride down the Chicago River.

Merchandise Mart

Mom's brunch at Wishbone - the cheese grits that it came with were yummy!

My brunch at Wishbone - andouille chicken sausage hash

Mom outside Harpo Studios

I like the way the buildings look in the windows. Stupid curse.

North Lake Shore Drive. My apartment building is in that direction. The little green sign on the right is where I exit.

The harbor

So many pretty sailboats in the harbor

Walking on the lakeshore path

Me and Dad by the harbor

Entrance to Buckingham Fountain

Buckingham Fountain - recognize it from movies? That's the Sears Tower in the background.

Family in front of the fountain

The fountain felt really good on such a hot day!

Close-up on the fountain

After Buckingham Fountain, we walked through Grant Park to Millennium Park. This is crossing the bridge over Columbus Drive.

It's empty because they were redoing the turf... This is like the Great Lawn or something (or I'm confusing it with names from Central Park, I dunno).

Toward the Sears Tower

The jellybean! (formally, the Cloud Gate Sculpture) Posted by Hello

Oops! I didn't queue it and pressed enter by mistake. Oh well, I guess the jellybean will just have to start off Part II of the sightseeing pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home