Marissa's Photos

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Hong Kong III: Touring

View from the window when I woke up

While I ate breakfast, this was my view... I got to watch tons of doubledecker buses go by

The tour met at the Peninsula

Some skyscrapers from the bus window

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ad that I like

Peak Tram track... yeah, it gets pretty steep

Hazy view from the Peak

Another Peak view

There are some amazing artists up on top of the Peak (at least, people selling some amazing art)... if it were feasible to buy and bring back at some point, I might think about something like this... it's gorgeous (and kind of affordable!)

At the top of the Peak

Many of the vendors on top of the Peak have these umbrellas... can we get them here?

Second stop on the tour: Stanley

Lots of small shops

Haagen-Dazs in HK not only has ice cream mooncakes, but also this!

This section of Stanley Market was surprisingly empty when I took this shot

Third stop: Aberdeen for a sampan ride

We passed by Jumbo Floating Restaurant

Boats in the harbor

After the tour was over, passing back into Kowloon... McDonalds advertises over the tunnel - they've got different stuff here: flatbread sandwiches, cups of corn...

Went for a quick lunch after the tour... lots of places here seem to have "tea time" or menus for between lunch and dinner

My fish soup

Alvin's soup noodles, I guess beef

Lane Crawford (dept store) window

Dinner at Hing Fat... chow fun! Yay!

Singapore noodles... yay! (I'd been craving both of those noodles)

Check out the toilet paper dispensers for napkins... nice idea! (That night, we also saw the light show over the harbor, but it was near impossible to get good pictures of that)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home